Thursday, November 11, 2010

This week is cleft lip and palate awareness week in Queensland. We attended a morning tea and Miss Em got to see some abslutely gorgeous babies who looked just like her when she was a baby. Clefts are very common occuring 1 in every 600-700 births. I remember when we found out Miss Em had a cleft via ultrasound at about 20 weeks. My whole world stopped for days, I read the entire booklet they gave us at the hospital, and adjusted to life with a less then perfect baby. Five years on I look back and realise what a huge time that was in our lives, and thank everyone for their support: cleft pals qld, family and friends are at the top of the list. Handing your baby over for surgery is one of the most difficult things for any parent. So today I think of those people handing their babies over for surgery of any kind, but particularly clefts. Prayers please for Darcy who is handing 6yr old Rachel over for bone graft surgery next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment