Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Busy Month

Yes it has been a busy month and I haven't felt much like writing. So for a quick update.
The weather is still crazy in Aus, floods, cyclones and bushfires! What next? I guess we will find out. Ourselves we have been lucky. Nothing worse then a huge branch falling off our gum tree, and no icecream at Macdonalds when we took the kids one day. So we can't complain really.

Most of the kids activities have started up again now. With J doing tennis, swimming, and guitar, and next month will do Art and Spanish with a home school group! We have started school work and his reading has improved so much, he still has battles with writing getting letters around the wrong way, but its not as bad as it once was.

Em is growing up way too fast and is doing dance and swimming at the moment, then will start drama and sport with the Home School group next month. Her reading is coming along very quickly, and I am thinking of ways to expand her, rather then let her get too far ahead of her age. She had a trip to oral health in January and he is very pleased with everything. Em was disappointed that she didn't get a new toothbrush like last time, so I bought her one at the shops after. It will be a whole year before we go back and I am a little concerned that they didn't give her teeth a good clean. She is 5 now and I thought they would start doing that. SO now I am wondering if I need to get that done at our dentist or wait until she goes back and see what they say then?

Miss El turned 2 on the weekend, which marks a lot of things. 2 years with CF for our whole family. 2 years of physio, meds, and panic at any cough. 2 years of joy watching her grow and learn! Its been a massive 2 years. It also marks her 2nd annual review on Monday (yuck), which I am not looking forward to.

She still has a cough, which has become worse since Friday when she seemed to get a cold. I took her to the GP yesterday because she was off her food, tired and had a temp. Her chest was clear but it turns out she has an ear infection. Poor kid, really nice birthday present! It doesn't explain why her cough is so horrible and has lasted so long. She had a cough swab done 2 weeks ago, but they didn't call to say she had grown anything. Maybe they will have some answers on Monday? I doubt it, and she probably won't cough while we are there! I am getting sick of the cough though, just not knowing what it is is driving me crazy!

We have a house inspection today, so have spent yesterday and this morning cleaning and tidying. Hopefully we will pass as I'm not in the mood for having someone tell me my house is disgusting!

ITs raining again! Like we need more rain!!! Send it to Perth!

No comments:

Post a Comment