Tuesday, June 8, 2010

clinic stuff

Well clinic went ok. She only put on 200g in two months, so there was a bit of concern over that. She is on the 25th centile for height and the 10th for weight. which doesn't seem too bad to me. So we have to try and give her extra calories when we can. They took an NPG and a cough swab, hence every time the phone rings I get a little anxious until I found out who it is, they probably wouldn't even have results yet anyway, I think it takes about 3 days. They decided no antibiotics for now, unless the cough gets worse. So it was actually quite uneventful, well apart from the screaming when they do anything to her, even just listen to her chest! But I'm guessing this is the worst age for that as you can't really explain what's going on, but they are very aware of the way they feel.

So glad clinic is over and we don't have to go for another 2 months! Wondering how I can get extra food into her, she seems to eat quite well. The dietician suggested adding toast to her breakfast and an extra dessert at lunch time, so we will see how that goes. I would gladly give her some of my extra fat!

No phone calls please!

No comments:

Post a Comment