Sunday, June 20, 2010

home school planning

Firstly off topic. Thank you Hamish and Andy for your Caravan of Courage, show on Thursday night! Haven't laughed so much in ages. You truly do some really stupid things which I love watching. I would never do them myself so thank you!

Back to the topic at hand. Planning. Now my approach to this is what shall we do this term. We have our math and English planned out for the future, because the worst thing I think you can do is swap all the time. But for science and SOSE, technology etc. I plan term by term depending on what interests my children (mostly J at this stage as Em is a bit young).

What I was shocked at last week when I was chatting to a bunch of mum's is how much planning some people do, as in, planning years ahead. Maybe I need to plan more? Sometimes I think I plan too much as they learn much more by themselves then with me, anyhow. It seems to me like our curriculum will always be evolving.

Nothing like an afternoon out to make you re-evaluate everything you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment