Saturday, July 3, 2010

motherhood

I have always wondered why I have been given these three children or any children at all for that matter. I never asked for children. Don't get me wrong I love my kids and am grateful for the opportunity to raise them, but why me?

My friend once told me that God has specifically chosen my children for me, it had never occured to me before that for some reason God matched us up. So if this is true, which I believe it is, then I should have the skills and resources and everything I need to raise them. Why then do I feel out of my depth so much of the time? Maybe that is just a human thing, I don't know.

People say God never gives us more then we can handle, with his help. Strangely enough this helped me through Em's operations because if God knows I can handle this, then I can handle it. Sometimes I don't think I can handle the unpredictability of CF, but no one truly knows what tomorrow holds, so am I any different from anyone else? Maybe holding on to the promise that God never gives us more then we can handle is all anyone can do? Enjoy today and make the most of it, trusting that God knows us, and what we need, and what we can handle, and what our children need and can handle too.

No comments:

Post a Comment