Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Weighty issue

Ever since little El joined us in the world 18 months ago I have done practically no exercise. So I am currently planning just how to do some exercise. A gym is out I would never get there, walking is not really exercise with three little ones in tow. Can't really rely on Mr A to watch the kids as his work hours are too unpredictable. Meanwhile I get fatter, my heart with its dodgy valve works harder, and I feel miserable!

So we are thinking of getting a treadmill. So that instead of sitting down watching tv in the evenings I can walk and watch tv! Problems with this 1. the cost (which I think can be overcome). 2. little fingers don't really mix with treadmills very well. So walking has to be done when miss El is asleep or we need some sort of fence around it - which I'm not sure is possile? and 3 If the treadmill is right there will I actually use it or just look at it while I watch tv? I know I will use it at first but what about in 6 months or a year? Anyway I guess I will find out - if we get one!


Miss El has had a mysterious temperature for 48 hours now. Not really sure what is going on. She is very clingy though. It shouldn't be anything too bad as she is still on antibiotics. Hopefully it will just disappear and be a distant memory. Clinic is two weeks away and her appetitie has dropped again so will have to see how that goes.

J for the first time is loving reading himself!! It is so exciting. He said he would rather wait in the car and read his book then come with us - until he discovered we were at toyworld!!

I spent some time with just Em yesterday which was wonderful, being the middle child can be difficult. ( I should know!! ) I am quite worried about her, she is very withdrawn at the moment. I am making an effort to spend a little extra time with her and tell her often that I love her. But a little lost as to the cause of her closed in nature.

Excited to be going skating this afternoon!!! My favourite thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment