Sunday, May 15, 2011

31 Days of May the CF Way - Day 14 Out of the mouths of babes

Two stories for this one. The first is one that I have stolen and is common in the CF community. I have heard quite a few different versions of the story, each of them special.

65 Roses

The phrase "65 roses" is simply another way of saying cystic fibrosis. It came into being in 1965 when a young boy with cystic fibrosis overheard his mother talking about the disease on the phone. When she said the words “cystic fibrosis”, he thought she said “65 roses”. The mother was touched by her son’s mistake because he saw something beautiful in a disease that can often be quite ugly.

taken from

http://cysticfibrosis.about.com/od/cysticfibrosis101/f/65roses.htm

The second story is one from our own lives.

We were out at a playground, and I was chatting to other mothers, Em was listening to our conversation, we were talking about discipline I can't remember the exact conversation but smacking definately was part of it. Em's comment was. " It's ok, because Mum says we HAVE to bash EL up." Yes, there were a few dirty looks and I didn't particularly feel like explaining that we called physio bashing up sometimes, or even that we did physio and why!! Needless to say we left soon after. I must say I don't call physio, bashing up time so much anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment