Friday, May 20, 2011

31 Days of May the CF Way - Day 18 The first day I heard that big word (or those big words)!

47% of people born with Cystic Fibrosis aren't expected to live past 18. I have always focused on the fact that the average life expectency of people with CF is mid-thirties, but hearing the other side that my little baby only has about a 50% change of living as an adult really stopped me in my tracks!


changes in the lung (Bronchiectasis) occur in children with CF, as young as five, even if they have no significant history of infections!


pseudomonas- one of the dreaded CF bugs


Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes - a diabetes specific to CF that is very common in the older (20's) CF population


Your Child Has a Life Threatening Condition- quite self explanatory really


Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapy(CREON) , ABDEK, Ferrous Sulphate, Timentin, Tobramyacin, Flucloxacillin, and various other drugs that you wish you'd never heard of!!


There are lots of other words that we've heard over the last two years that we wish we had never heard, Cystic Fibrosis for a start. But I picked the ones that really freak me out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment